axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sherman, Dennis (END-CHI)" <dennis.sher...@endinfosys.com>
Subject RE: Exception : BeanDeserializer (org.xml.sax.SAXException)
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:13:50 GMT
Examine the code originally generated from your wsdl.  You'll find a
generated bean class named Hotel that matches your original definition.

When you change the bean (inside your web service) that change is not
reflected in your client until you regenerate your client stubs.

Or, in other words, your client is no longer compliant with your service as
defined by your wsdl.

The answer is regenerate the client stubs.

--
Dennis R. Sherman
Endeavor Information Systems
847-227-2976
Dennis.Sherman@endinfosys.com
http://www.endinfosys.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier Lamy [mailto:LAMY_Olivier@accor-hotels.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 11:43 AM
To: Axis-User
Subject: Exception : BeanDeserializer (org.xml.sax.SAXException)

Hello all,
I have a wsdl automaticaly generated by axis, it contains :

 <http://57.200.217.202:8080/WebServices/services/Common?wsdl#> - <schema
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
targetNamespace="http://hotel.data.server.ws.services.accor.com">
  <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />
 <http://57.200.217.202:8080/WebServices/services/Common?wsdl#> -
<complexType name="Hotel">
 <http://57.200.217.202:8080/WebServices/services/Common?wsdl#> - <sequence>
  <element name="brand" nillable="true" type="tns1:Brand" />
  <element name="code" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
  <element name="name" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
  <element name="openClose" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
  <element name="publishedCode" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
</sequence>
  </complexType>

I have generated some stub/proxy client classes with this wsdl.
Everything works fine. I changes the bean (field added).
The new wsdl file is as this :

targetNamespace="http://hotel.data.server.ws.services.accor.com">
  <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />
 <http://57.200.217.202:8080/WebServices/services/Common?wsdl#> -
<complexType name="Hotel">
 <http://57.200.217.202:8080/WebServices/services/Common?wsdl#> - <sequence>
  <element name="brand" nillable="true" type="tns1:Brand" />
  <element name="code" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
  <element name="name" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
  <element name="openClose" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
  <element name="publishedCode" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
<element name="test" nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
  </sequence>
  </complexType>

element test has been added.

I don't generate the stub/proxy again.
And when I call, the service with the stub/proxy, I get the following
exception :

    [junit] org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in
com.accor.services.ws.cli
ent.data.hotel.Hotel - test
    [junit]     at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(Bean
Deserializer.java:260)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.startElemen
t(DeserializationContextImpl.java:963)

Is it possible to prevent this kind of error by adding something in the ant
task which generated the proxy/stubs.

Thanks a lot,
Olivier

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this
message" ) are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back
to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or
disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited.

Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les
information contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont
confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle
ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le
renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toute diffusion, publication,
totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non
expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.