axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rami Muurimaki <ra...@kauha.kauhajoki.fi>
Subject redeploying the web service
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:52:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Axis and Web Services.
I do already know the basics of how to set up a WS from JWS-file and from
a Java class or interface. So I do know how to use the Java2Wsdl and
Wsdl2Java admin tasks. But there are several questions to be answered ...

What I would like to know is the most convenient way to redeploying the
web service.

Let's say that if I add new method to my Web Service. Do I have to rerun
the whole Java2Wsdl and Wsdl2Java procedures? Just because I get
the updated deploy.wsdd file which I need for the redeploying ... so that the
'server-config.wsdd' will be updated?

Secondary question.
At the moment I'm coding the Web Service and the clints using Eclipse and
Tomcat 4.1.x. How do you do the whole deploying / testing procedures? I've
heard that the Ant tasks would be powerfull, but don't know anything about
it (yet!!).

Thanks already for the anweres!! :)