axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Spreitzer <mspre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis Response Time appears linear with load
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 01:32:36 GMT
Well, considering that just going through the message processing overhead
of Tomcat and Axis is work, why do you not expect the response time to
scale linearly with load?  BTW, did you mean to complain about the
response time being proportional to load, or merely scaling linearly with
it (i.e., being some a + b*load)?

My group has done some response time measurements of various frameworks
and applications.  We typically give a system more than 60 seconds to
stabilize and take a reading.  We typically find the response time grows
more than linearly with load, if we explore sufficiently high loads.

Thanks,
Mike