axis-java-user mailing list archives

From NSathiamoor...@agl.com.au
Subject axis performance question
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:54:29 GMT
Hi,

I have got web service clients (both Java and VB) that need to access my
Axis Web Service.

The web service is located in my intranet.

Running the client from my workstation, I get relatively good performance.
Once I move the client to our UAT box which has no internet access - the
performance is very bad.
The VB client takes about 8secs for an operation which took 1sec on my dev
box. The java client ranges from 5 to 15 seconds  for the same operation
which took 1 sec from my dev box.

The java client is basically the JUnit TestCases that was autogenerated
from WSDL2Java.

My questions are: is internet access required by the client? Possibly to
validate a schema? If it is - is there a way to turn off validation?
If the problem is schema validatation timing out - why the range of
response times?

Cheers,
Nim

This  email  is  intended  solely  for the use of the addressee
and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.
If you receive this email in error please notify the sender and
delete the email immediately.