axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rutger Ovidius <o...@mailandnews.com>
Subject Can a client receive gzip 'd content?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 03:55:37 GMT
Hi,

My Axis using client application requires the ability to receive gzip
compressed content.  I see messages on this list from about a year ago on this
topic but no solution(?) was posted.

There is this solution by altering the source:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-sqzsoap.html

But, I am having no luck with the source as it requires a ton of .jar
libraries that I just don't have and can't keep searching for (I am using
Eclipse and I can't export a working .jar file with the modifications without
having all the libraries that it is looking for.. progress.message.*,
com.sun.jimi* org.apache.commonts.net.smtp.. and on, and on...).

Is there a workable solution for a client application to handle a gzipped
stream yet (without having to modify the source)?

Thank you.