axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hs...@aalayance.com>
Subject java.sql.Timestamp
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:23:40 GMT
We have some java classes that we need Axis to move about. Some of them
have attributes of type java.sql.Timestamp

I noticed that Axis changes these types to java.util.Calendar when I run
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java. This is throwing off our code that
accesses these classes.

It is kind of odd that Axis modifies the class definition itself - I had
expected it to generate wrapper classes with SOAP friendly types rather
than modify our actual class itself. Has anyone faced a similar issue
and if so what is the solution (to not use WSDL2Java and code client and
server stubs by hand?)

Thanks
Hitesh