axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mees <horizons...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with running testclient.java
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:11:35 GMT
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!

after the previous post i found a similiar problem on
the mailinglist

"The example tries to connect to a service at
http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/services/echo. 
This service is not
running (and has not been for weeks), hence the
connection is refused.
The "connection refused" is straight from Berkeley
sockets terminology."

but what i wonder now is, why does the axis people
keep using this example when the url is dead...

It had kept me busy for a whole day -_-

Well, thank you anyways, Xavier and Nikki! I really
appreciate it :)


--- Xavier Renard <Xavier.Renard@ulg.ac.be> wrote:
> Mees wrote:
> 
> >I've tried exactly what u said, but then i get
> this:
> >
> >C:\axis>set
>
>CLASSPATH=.;C:\axis\samples\userguide\example1\TestClient.class;c:\a
>
>xis\lib\axis.jar;c:\axis\lib\axis.jar;c:\axis\lib\commons-discovery.jar;c:\axis\
>
>lib\commons-logging.jar;c:\axis\lib\jaxrpc.jar;c:\axis\lib\saaj.jar;c:\axis\lib\
>
>log4j-1.2.8.jar;c:\axis\lib\xml-apis.jar;c:\axis\lib\xercesImpl.jar
> >
> >C:\axis>java samples.userguide.example1.TestClient
> >java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused:
> connect
> >  
> >
> aaaaaahhhhh good news :-)
> 
> >what does that mean?
> >
> Well that simply means that you can not connect to
> the server.
> Assuming you are using  tomcat, is it started?
> 
> Xavier
> 
> >I've tried shutting down my firewall completely,
> but
> >that doesn't work either... :S
> >
> >
> >--- Xavier Renard <Xavier.Renard@ulg.ac.be> wrote:
> >  
> >
> >>Mees wrote:
> >>
> >>    
> >>
> >>>I've tried 2 ways:
> >>>1 is the path to testclient.class
> >>>and 2 is to path example1 both failed :S
> >>>
> >>>C:\axis>set classpath
> >>>      
> >>>
>
>>classpath=C:\axis\samples\userguide\example1\TestClient.class;c:\axis\lib\axis.j
> >>
>
>>ar;c:\axis\lib\axis.jar;c:\axis\lib\commons-discovery.jar;c:\axis\lib\commons-lo
> >>
>
>>gging.jar;c:\axis\lib\jaxrpc.jar;c:\axis\lib\saaj.jar;c:\axis\lib\log4j-1.2.8.ja
> >>
>
>>r;c:\axis\lib\xml-apis.jar;c:\axis\lib\xercesImpl.jar
> >>    
> >>
> >>> 
> >>>
> >>>      
> >>>
> >>should be:
> >>
> >>C:\axis>set
> >>
> >>    
> >>
>
>CLASSPATH=.;C:\axis\samples\userguide\example1\TestClient.class;c:\axis\lib\axis.j
> >  
> >
>
>ar;c:\axis\lib\axis.jar;c:\axis\lib\commons-discovery.jar;c:\axis\lib\commons-lo
> >  
> >
>
>gging.jar;c:\axis\lib\jaxrpc.jar;c:\axis\lib\saaj.jar;c:\axis\lib\log4j-1.2.8.ja
> >  
> >
>
>r;c:\axis\lib\xml-apis.jar;c:\axis\lib\xercesImpl.jar
> >  
> >
> >>Note:
> >>1) the . at the begining  to find classes in the
> >>current directory
> >>2)set CLASSPATH=.;C:\axis\path\2\jar   (everything
> >>on a single line)
> >>
> >>hope it will be ok now
> >>
> >>Xavier
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>    
> >>
> >
> >
> >__________________________________
> >Do you Yahoo!?
> >Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears
> >http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/
> >
> >
> >  
> >
> 
> 
> 


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears
http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/

Mime
View raw message