axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mees <horizons...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with running testclient.java
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:37:22 GMT
thanx for helping out! i really appreciate it.

But no, i'm not new to java, but I just suck at it...
as u have seen... :D

I'll let u know if i can get that example to work...

--- "NJ Rogers, Learning and Research Technology"
<Nikki.Rogers@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> You've sorted out your classpath problem. Now you've
> got a connect problem.
> I suggest you search via "Connection refused" in the
> archives for this list
> (http://ws.apache.org/axis/mail.html).
>
> If you're new to java, servlet containers, web
> services in general. I
> suggest you try some of the free, online tutorials
> or the developer pack
> at http://java.sun.com/webservices/
>
> or http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ (java
> tutorial from sun)
>
> regards,
> Nikki
>

> --On 26 October 2003 11:03 -0800 Mees
> <horizons_nt@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > C:\axis>java samples.userguide.example1.TestClient
> > Exception in thread "main"
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> samples/userguide/exa
> > mple1/TestClient
> >
> > this is what i get when i do what u say, so i
> tried it
> > with .; befor the path...
> > that doesn't work either... but it's another
> error,
> > sth bout refusal of connection, but i tried to
> solve
> > that with killing my firewall, but that doesn't
> work
> > either...
> >
> > anymore suggestions?
> >
> > --- "NJ Rogers, Learning and Research Technology"
> > <Nikki.Rogers@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> >> Should not be:
> >>
> >> set classpath

classpath=C:\axis\samples\userguide\example1\TestClient.class

> >> should not be:

> >> should instead be:
> >>
> >>  C:\axis>set classpath
> >> classpath=C:\axis\samples\userguide\example1;
> >>
> >> (take off slash at end)

> >> --On 26 October 2003 09:07 -0800 Mees

classpath=C:\axis\samples\userguide\example1\TestClient.class;c:\axis\lib

ar;c:\axis\lib\axis.jar;c:\axis\lib\commons-discovery.jar;c:\axis\lib\com

gging.jar;c:\axis\lib\jaxrpc.jar;c:\axis\lib\saaj.jar;c:\axis\lib\log4j-1

r;c:\axis\lib\xml-apis.jar;c:\axis\lib\xercesImpl.jar

> >> samples.userguide.example1.TestClient.
> >> samples/userguide/exa

classpath=C:\axis\samples\userguide\example1\;c:\axis\lib\axis.jar;c:\axi

xis.jar;c:\axis\lib\commons-discovery.jar;c:\axis\lib\commons-logging.jar

s\lib\jaxrpc.jar;c:\axis\lib\saaj.jar;c:\axis\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;c:\axis

> samples.userguide.example1.TestClient
> >> samples/userguide/exa

> >> axis.jar
> mean
> >> with

> >> some
> >> class).
> the

CLASSPATH=.;/path/to/whatever/jarfile/you/want;/other/jarfile

> worked.
> >> It

> guide,

> >> keep
> following

samples.userguide.example1.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:70)