axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move discussions to geronimo-dev@ (Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache)
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:00:54 GMT

Dims, All.

The only one thing I can suggest is that you had mistaken the mailing
list address of geronimo-dev.

geronimo-dev@ws.apache.org
===>
geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org

<geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org> is the right place
for you to discuss.

Cheers,

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:51:29 -0700 (PDT)
(Subject: Move discussions to geronimo-dev@ (Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache))
Davanum Srinivas <dims@apache.org> wrote:

> Everyone interested....PLEASE join geronimo-dev list. It's time to move the discussions
to just
> that mailing list. Please don't CC individuals. Please don't involve axis-user as it
is just a
> user group. If and when axis-dev involvement is needed, you can CC that mailing list.
>
> Thanks,
> dims
>
> --- Guillaume Sauthier <Guillaume.Sauthier@Objectweb.org> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm already working on an Axis integration in a J2EE server (JOnAS) for
> > a JSR109 implementation. And we found some axis limitations :
> > - jaxrpc mapping cannot be completely supported (only package mapping
> > and xml type mapping at this time). All stuff concerning class
> > generation (class mapping, method mapping) cannot be handled directly
> > with WSDL2Java.
> > - cannot change endpoint address of a port through the ServiceLocator
> > interface. (issu patched recently in CVS)
> >
> > In short, I'm interrested to contribute for a new Axis tool (like
> > WSDL2Java) taking into account the jaxrpc mapping file. After dev, this
> > tool should be integrated/used into JOnAS as well as Geronimo...
> >
> > What do you think ?
> >
> > Regards
> > Guillaume
> >

> > Srinath Perera wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Dims,
> > >
> > > we agree the changes to axis should be minimal (preferably no changes.)
> > >
> > > How we thought about the project is like this ....
> > >
> > > 1) JSR109 implementation is a tool in axis(like WSDL2Java) which
> > > generates a web service that wraps the J2EE components.(a web service
> > > that do the lookup and map webservice  SEI methods to the EJB ...etc )
> > > It creates a web service that wrap the EJB using the WSDL and the
> > > webservice.xml
> > >
> > > 2)It needs minimal changes to axis (our code is a tool just like
> > > WSDL2Java lets say WSDL2J2EE or something).
> > >
> > > 3) with this tool the axis become JSR109 compliant and the J2EE
> > > container is Geronimo.
> > >
> > > In that case we prefer to stay close with axis. just like a tool
> > > (independent piece of code) :)
> > >
> > > Srianth

> > with

> =====

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org  http://www.terra-intl.com/
Apache Software Foundation Committer: http://www.apache.org/~tetsuya/
fingerprint: E420 3713 FAB0 C160 4A1E  6FC5 5846 23D6 80AE BDEA