axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rupesh Sharma <rupesh_car...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Collection Passing from Java to C#
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 02:26:24 GMT
Hello James and others,
                                 Can I modify the BeanSerializer.java used by Axis to do bean
serialization to change the collection into an array before converting it into xml.
Rupesh

James Black <jblack@ieee.org> wrote:
Rupesh Sharma wrote:

> I am having problems passing Collections from Axis Web Service
> written in Java to a C# client. However when I change my data
> structure from collection to an Array of known Object types it goes
> thrugh. I will apprecite if anybody who had the same problem and
> resolved it can respond asap.

I find it easier to just pass the collection as an array of javabeans.
This makes sense since the client can figure out the best way to use the
results (for example to put it into a TreeView).

AFAIK there is no good way to pass a Collection object to C# from Java.

--
"We do not lose our identity in our relations with others; in part, at least, we achieve our
identity by those relations." Tony Blair, 1993