axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:41:41 GMT
Hi Dims,

we agree the changes to axis should be minimal (preferably no changes.)

How we thought about the project is like this ....

1) JSR109 implementation is a tool in axis(like WSDL2Java) which
generates a web service that wraps the J2EE components.(a web service
that do the lookup and map webservice  SEI methods to the EJB ...etc )
It creates a web service that wrap the EJB using the WSDL and the
webservice.xml

2)It needs minimal changes to axis (our code is a tool just like
WSDL2Java lets say WSDL2J2EE or something).

3) with this tool the axis become JSR109 compliant and the J2EE
container is Geronimo.

In that case we prefer to stay close with axis. just like a tool
(independent piece of code) :)

Srianth