axis-java-user mailing list archives

From vairamuthu thayapavan <vtpa...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re: couple of questions
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:42:53 GMT
hi
u can't do any thing with having the wsdl file only. to deploy your
webservice u have to generate server binding stubs using wsdl2java tool.
those are discribed detaily in the axis userguide.

regards
vtpavan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ilja" <imhehenkamp@hotmail.com>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 3:01 AM
Subject: Axis: couple of questions

Hi,

I tried generating a wsdl file succesfully with my ant-build script from
an interface. However some things are not quite clear to me:

- Can you also publish your webservices in your own webapp, without
deploying it in the axis webapp?
- Shouldn't more files be generated? eg like these?:

WidgetPriceSoapBindingImpl.java : Java file containing      the default
server implementation of the WidgetPrice web service.

   You will need to modify the *SoapBindingImpl file to add your
   implementation    (see
   ../samples/userguide/example6/WidgetPriceSoapBindingImpl.java    ).
 WidgetPrice.java: New interface file that contains      the appropriate
 java.rmi.Remote usages.

 WidgetPriceService.java: Java file containing the client      side
 service interface.

 WidgetPriceServiceLocator.java: Java file containing the      client
 side service implementation class.

 WidgetPriceSoapBindingSkeleton.java: Server side skeleton.

 WidgetPriceSoapBindingStub.java: Client side stub

- I now have only a wsdl file and I'm pretty sure that's not enough to
publish my own webservices, more classes are needed right?

Thanks,

Ilja

DISCLAIMER: Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is
proprietary to iGATE Global Solutions Limited  and is intended for use only
by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL
may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the
intended recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient, you are
notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or
dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete
this mail & notify us immediately at Mailadmin@mascotsystems.com Before
opening attachments, please scan for viruses.