axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ajay Gondhiya <AjayGondh...@accelrys.com>
Subject Fw: Exception handling between Axis and .NET client
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:01:15 GMT
Reposting ... if someone has come across similar situation of handling
exception between Axis and .NET client.
Thanks in advance !!

Ajay

----- Forwarded by Ajay Gondhiya/Bangalore/Accelrys on 09/02/2003 02:39 PM
-----

Ajay Gondhiya/Bangalore/Accelrys
08/28/2003 07:11 PM

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Exception handling between Axis and .NET client

I have an EJB and I generate WSDL using Java2WSDL. In the EJB, when the
method signature has "throws" clause for any exception other than
RemoteException, Java2WSDL generates wsdl:fault in the WSDL. And when I
have wsdl:fault in the WSDL, VS.NET sproxy tool fails to compile the WSDL
to generate C++ stubs. Here is the example of the EJB interface and WSDL.

--------------------
public String getQueryCapability (String queryCapabilityID)
                   throws QueryCapabilityNotFoundException
--------------------

<wsdl:portType name="QueryCapability">

      <wsdl:operation name="getQueryCapability" parameterOrder="in0">

         <wsdl:input message="impl:getQueryCapabilityRequest"
name="getQueryCapabilityRequest"/>

         <wsdl:output message="impl:getQueryCapabilityResponse"
name="getQueryCapabilityResponse"/>

         <wsdl:fault message="impl:QueryCapabilityNotFoundException"
name="QueryCapabilityNotFoundException"/>

      </wsdl:operation>

   </wsdl:portType>

Anyone faced similar problem? Is there is anything wrong with what I am
trying to do?
It would be great if someone has exception handling working between Axis
and .NET can share his/her experience/approach.

Thanks,

Ajay