axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Harris" <JimHar...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject RE: xmlns=" " in the doc\literal SOAP message
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:42:52 GMT
I had a similar situation with one of my services Dimuthu...

It doesn't seem to affect the operation of the service on when using Axis at
both ends but is a little unsightly...  To make sure the xmlns is given a
value, when you add the parameter to the call, make sure you use a QName to
add the parameter name instead of just a string - this will allow you to
specify your namespace too.

I am not sure whether it is possible to remove the declaration altogether...
Anybody else on this list know?

Jim
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Dimuthu Leelarathne [mailto:muthulee@yahoo.com]
  Sent: 01 September 2003 10:21
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Subject: xmlns=" " in the doc\literal SOAP message

  Hi all,

  I'm trying to write a doc\literal web service and my soap message appears
as below.........

  <query xmlns="urn:HistorySriLanka">
     <description xmlns="">Wood carving of an Elephant</description>
     <ItemId xmlns="">ER234</ItemId>
  </query>

  Has anybody else has come across a situation like this? Is it ok for empty
xmlns="" tags to go in the wire? Any help is greatly appreciated.

  Thank you,
  Dimuthu