axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Koller, Shmuel" <Shmuel_Kol...@bmc.com>
Subject RE: problem with basic authentication with Websphere as client on ZOS
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:05:58 GMT
I wonder why you need WebSphere, which is a J2EE application server, and all
its z/OS overheads, for SOAP client.
It should run under JVM under z/OS Unix Services, in case you need isolation
and re-compile.

If you re-compile (open source) on z/OS - you may look at latest z/OS JDK if
they provide classes for
EBCDIC to ASCII. I recall such things for JNI stuff.

Shmuel Koller

-----Original Message-----
From: arnaud.peyre@cnedi06.cnafmail.fr
[mailto:arnaud.peyre@cnedi06.cnafmail.fr]
Sent: Mon, September 15, 2003 6:32 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: problem with basic authentication with Websphere as client on
ZOS

Hi all,

I'm actually trying client AXIS 1.1 APIs on a Websphere 3.5 (we will soon
migrate in 5) ZOS for a RPC call.
The target web services is located on a Tomcat 4.1 on Windows.

Client APIs work fine except that basic athentication does not work (the
same client works fine in the Windows world).
It seems that user and password are send in EBCDIC (the native ZOS coding)
to the Windows server. So the Windows server can't authenticate this user.

Is there a way to configure something to force ASCII for the user and
password?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Arnaud