axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Koller, Shmuel" <Shmuel_Kol...@bmc.com>
Subject RE: Remote DTD/Schema referencing
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:59:40 GMT
I think this issue should be routed to the XML parser used by Axis.
First suggestion is to make sure Axis uses latest Xerces (not Crimson).
Then look at the performance of the best/latest parser utilized.
Shmuel Koller

-----Original Message-----
From: Yuvraj Waswani [mailto:Yuvraj.Waswani@tavant.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 8:57 AM
To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Cc: 'gdaniels@macromedia.com'
Subject: RE: Remote DTD/Schema referencing

I UNPLUGGED the network cable and made a 'localhost' web service call (web
service also on my own machine) ...and it ran fine ! Doesnt that conclude
that Axis server or client DOES NOT try to  refer/fetch the DTD / Schema
referenced by the URL/URI namespace?

Glen, please answer that question in the context of only soap requests and
made a w/s call without network connectivity and it ran fine.

Thanks.