axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chanian, Raj" <Raj.Chan...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: Serializing a SOAPEnvelope
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:13:39 GMT
Have you set the stream buffer to the beginning before reading from it?

Regards,

Raj

-----Original Message-----
From: Ric Searle [mailto:ric@dialogue.co.uk]
Sent: 30 September 2003 14:06
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Serializing a SOAPEnvelope

Hi,

Just a quick one about serialization:

I have a SOAPEnvelope object, which I want to write to disk to be
processed later.  I thought that serializing it would be a  nice idea.
I'm serializing it like this:

		FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(outFile);
         ObjectOutputStream oos = new ObjectOutputStream(fos);

         oos.writeObject(soapEnvelope);

         oos.close();
         fos.flush();
         fos.close();

But when I deserialize it by doing this...

		ObjectInputStream ois = new ObjectInputStream(fis);
         SOAPEnvelope soapEnvelope = (SOAPEnvelope) ois.readObject();
         ois.close();

...the structure of the original SOAP message is there, but none of the
content is recovered.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Ric Searle

and inform the sender. Thank you.

LogicaCMG global sponsors, Gartner Symposium, Cannes, 4th -7th November 2003

http://symposium.gartner.com/story.php.id.3323.s.5.html

Please note that LogicaCMG does not have control over content from,or availability of, this
website