axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Haddad, William" <WHad...@russellmellon.com>
Subject classpath madness
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:14:27 GMT
I am trying to run axis on a windows98 laptop, with j2RE1.4.1_03, and I had a quite a time
getting past the activation.jar not found message on happyaxis.jsp - HOWEVER, I STILL have
not gotten past the similar message at the top: "could not find a dependency of class org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet
from file axis.jar"

before I found (well actually, created) a lib/endorsed folder to put things into, the "root
cause" was null; now it says the root cause is javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet  and again suggests
that it can happen when activation.jar is only in the webapp classpath. It is now in both
the webapp classpath and the officially endorsed common classpath, which is why the  other
stuff is all being found. Think I need to put a copy of the javax/servlet jar into my "endorsed"
library?

Bill