axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <a...@manes.net>
Subject Re: xmlns=" " in the doc\literal SOAP message
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:39:34 GMT
Dimuthu,

Yes. It's okay for empty namespace definitions to go across the wire. In
fact, it some cases it might be required.

In your SOAP request, the <query> element defines a default namespace
(xmlns="blah" as opposed to xmlns:foo="blah"), which then applies to all
subelements of the <query> element, unless it is overridden by another
default namespace definition. If the <description> and <ItemId> elements
are local elements to <query>, then they should not be namespace qualified,
and in that case, you should specify an empty default namspace definition
in each of these subelements to override the active default namespace.

Now, if the <description> and <ItemId> are global elements, then this
message would be in error.

So whether or not this message is correct depends on the schema definition
for the message.

Anne