axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cory Wilkerson" <cwilker...@travelnow.com>
Subject RE: xmlns=" " in the doc\literal SOAP message
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:02:34 GMT
Anne,

When you say "local" elements -- do you mean local to the parent element as defined in the
schema?  In the following example, would bar and baz be considered local elements?

<schema targetName="http://www.foo.com"/>
	<complexType name="foo>
		<sequence>
			<element name="bar" type="xsd:string"/>
			<element name="baz" type="xsd:string"/>
		</sequence>
	<complexType>
</schema>

I would think when this was serialized to the wire you'd see something like:

<foo xmlns="http://www.foo.com">
	<bar>cory</bar>
	<baz>anne</baz>
</foo>

After all, don't bar and baz technically belong to the foo.com namespace?

Thanks for any input,
Cory WIlkerson