axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Perham" <Mike.Per...@webifysolutions.com>
Subject RE: Axis using wrong encoding for array in Doc/literal
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:35:59 GMT
Axis 1.1?  WSDL?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gupta, Ankit [mailto:angupta@informatica.com]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 3:48 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Axis using wrong encoding for array in Doc/literal

Hi everyone,

I am using an axis webservice (wrapped/literal) return a bean(object)
containing an array
of integers.

This service works fine with Axis client but when I try to use this
service using .Net client,  I get the following error:

-------
"message=(0x04a772d0) "There is an error in XML document (8, 7)."
 "innerException=(0x04a72918) <System.Xml.XmlException>"
-------

I think this error is due to the fact that Axis uses * soapenc:arrayType
* in the Soap response to encode the array, which is not correct in a
doc/literal web service

The response from the axis service is as follows:

-------------------------

<soapenv:Envelope
 <soapenv:Body>
  <returnarrResponse xmlns="http://DefaultNamespace">