axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Konietzka <koniet...@schlund.de>
Subject Re: Deserialization at client side
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 06:02:43 GMT
On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 06:09:45PM +0600, Dimuthu Leelarathne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I loosing my sense of time or does it actually take two days for my mails
> to reach the mailing list?
>
> Thank you  all for your help and patience, but now I run into more problems.
>
> The TCPMonitor shows request and response messages as below.
>
> Request --------------
> <soapenv:Body>
>   <PurchaseOrder xmlns="urn:DoclitOrder">
>    <description xmlns="">Wood carving of an
> Elemphant</description>
>    <item xmlns="">ER234</item>
>    <quantity xmlns="">1</quantity>
>   </PurchaseOrder>
>  </soapenv:Body>
>
> Response -------------
>
> <soapenv:Body>
>   <PurchaseOrderResponse xmlns="urn:DoclitOrder">
>    <PurchaseOrderReturn xmlns="">
>      Hi you just ordered the item ER234
>      Quantity    :: 1
>     Description :: Wood carving of an Elephant</PurchaseOrderReturn>
>   </PurchaseOrderResponse>
>

> Now I have a problem with client side Deserialization
> of the Response. The error message it gives is
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter 'PurchaseOrderResponse':
> could not find deserializer for type {urn:DoclitOrder}PurchaseOrderResponse
>
> I have a PurchaseOrderResponse coded as a bean with one String. I have also
> registered BeanSerializerFactory, BeanDeserializerFactory using
> call.register type mapping, but it looks like BeanDeserializer is not even
> used. (I have given the stack Trace below). What could be the problem ?
>
> Any help is really appriciated.
>

> In the Client I have specified like this ..........
>
> oper.setReturnType(new javax.xml.namespace.QName("urn:DoclitOrder",
> "PurchaseOrderResponse"));
> oper.setReturnClass(PurchaseOrderResponse.class);
> oper.setReturnQName(new javax.xml.namespace.QName("urn:DoclitOrder",
> "PurchaseOrderResponse"));

Hm,
maybe it's too early in the morning for me, but why do you care about
"PurchaseOrderResponse"? This is the "Response" of your RPC, isn't it?
You have to deserialize "PurchaseOrderReturn", which is just a String.
So you can declare "PurchaseOrder" with a return value "String" on server
side with no more TypeMapping problems.

Best regards
 Michael
--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Konietzka  Schlund + Partner AG
- Development UNIX -             Brauerstra├če 48