axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gupta, Ankit" <angu...@informatica.com>
Subject Axis using wrong encoding for array in Doc/literal
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:47:41 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am using an axis webservice (wrapped/literal) return a bean(object) containing an array

of integers.

This service works fine with Axis client but when I try to use this service using .Net client,
 I get the following error:

-------
"message=(0x04a772d0) "There is an error in XML document (8, 7)."
 "innerException=(0x04a72918) <System.Xml.XmlException>"
-------

I think this error is due to the fact that Axis uses * soapenc:arrayType * in the Soap response
to encode the array, which is not correct in a doc/literal web service

The response from the axis service is as follows:

-------------------------

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
 <soapenv:Body>
  <returnarrResponse xmlns="http://DefaultNamespace">