axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Srinivas Reddy Mudireddy <msre...@CS.Arizona.EDU>
Subject Re: Can I use JMS inside WS
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:57:33 GMT
Hi James,
Thanx for your reply. I guess I didnt ask question properly. I dont have
to use JMS transport. I mean return value of WS method is not a JMS
message. Instead, when a client invokes a method, this method sends a
series of informatory messages to a queue which could be consumed by any
body (not necessarily by client). These JMS messages are not necessary for
client to work properly. What I thought was I could use JMS just like I
use it any non-WS application since AXIS comes into picture only for
request and response messages. What I do inside my method before sending
reponse is not a concern of AXIS (correct me if I am wrong about this
assumption). So I dont understand why my service is not getting deployed
when I use JMS in WS (Problem occurs only when I include
"sender.send(...)" statement, as long as I do JNDI lookup, create
connection, and queues etc, AXIS is not complaining). I would appreciate
if anybody could help me in understanding why this is happening. Basically
the question is does AXIS treat a WS as a blackbox where the only way
information can be sent out is through return statement?

tia,
Srinivas

 --- James Cowan