axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Joe_Ra...@genpt.com
Subject Service Specific Properties
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:34:58 GMT
I want to use some properties to pass configuration data into my web
service's implementation.  I see a message already mentioning using:

HttpServlet srv = (HttpServlet)
MessageContext.getCurrentContext().getProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_HTTP_SERVLET);

To get properties from the web.xml file.  But, I cannot find anywhere that
speficies what the XML for a property should look like in the web.xml
file, or where that xml should go in web.xml.  I have tried guessing, and
I haven't guessed it correct yet.  Can someone provide an example of what
the web.xml needs to look like to contain a property I can retrieve using
the MessageContext.getCurrentContext().getProperty() method?

Also, I would prefer storing the properties in the server-config.wsdd in
the service section for my web service.  Is there a way to do this?  What
would the xml look like and what classes/methods would I use to retrieve
them?

Finally, where is the best place to store web service specific properties
and the best way to retrieve them?

Thanks.