axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Carey Nation" <careynat...@adelphia.net>
Subject RE: Office 2003 Research Pane services in Axis...(Attn: Roman)
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2003 03:07:28 GMT
Ok, I figured it out and got it to work.  Just not with axis.

As it says somewhere in this thread, I believed that the problem with Axis
speaking with the Office 2003 Research Pane was the fact that axis didn't
seem to want to allow a default namespace for the service.  .net makes it
easy to do that and Office expects it.  In fact, it says in the docs that if
the "urn:Microsoft.Search" namespace is not the default one, Office will
ignore your results.  And no, it doesn't matter a single bit that Axis
aliases the thing the "right" way.  It still won't work.

So here's what I did.  Since I'd been playing with a .net web service that
_would_ talk to Office, or rather that Office would listen to, I ran tcpmon,
sniffed the return soap stuff that did work, and copied it out to a file.
It's nothing more than the <ResponsePacket> stuff that you write back for
the Research pane plus a couple of soap tags.  Since I was using xerces DOM
to search a template anyway to insert my results, it was trivial to just
change the template to the new one.  I wrote a small servlet that gets the
post data from Office, reads the contents of the request's input stream into
a xerces xml dom document, and went from there.  I also use that to read and
create my response, which I then write back to the response's output stream.
Just remember to set the content type in the response to "text/xml".  And
lastly, for your dining and dancing pleasure, I've included the text of my
template here for those of you that don't have the luxury of having the .net
tools there too to figure out why this "interoperability," isn't.  Just
remember to change the guids.  These are mine...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Body>
<QueryResponse xmlns="urn:Microsoft.Search">
<QueryResult>
<ResponsePacket revision="1" xmlns="urn:Microsoft.Search.Response">
<Response domain="{0BD4DEBD-36F5-4084-B710-C5EE915D1F18}">
<!-- <QueryId>{8E823A74-053D-4434-A67B-D1CD050B3349}</QueryId>  -->
<Range></Range>
<Status>SUCCESS</Status>
</Response>
</ResponsePacket>