axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Need WSDL for this SOAP message
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:05:14 GMT
Mike wrote:
> In all likelihood, you want:
> provider="java:RPC" style="wrapped" use="literal"

Yes, I've changed back to that.  I posted one of the "try all possible
combinations and see what works" versions. ;)

> MSG is used if you want to deal with the XML elements directly rather than
as java beans.

This is most likely what I'll eventually want.  I'd rather update the schema
and the guts of the method that gets called, and not have to generate yet
another bean-- I've already got Struts Form beans and DTO's floating around.
I don't need another class full of almost identical get and set methods.

So WSDL2Java won't be necessary, AFAICT.  Right now I'm discarding
everything it generates except for the JavaBeans that match the input/output
message, and soon I won't need those either.  I still don't understand what
all the RMI junk it generates is for.  Nothing I've ready even _mentions_
RMI wrt web services.

So, a week later, I have finally come up with a new and exciting error
message!

g:\irm\sharedsource\services>java edu.asu.vpia.webauth.SubscriptionClient
-lhttp
://localhost/svcdev/services/MySubscriptionService
Using endpointURL:  http://localhost/svcdev/services/MySubscriptionService
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad types (class java.lang.String -> class
edu.asu.vpi
a.webauth.Subscription)

I think this means that the method is being called, but somehow Axis didn't
get the hint to do "wrapped" and pass a JavaBean rather than individual
parameters.

Thanks to everyone who has been so patient with me this week.  I think I'm
almost there...

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.