axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Castrotorres, Fabrizio" <Fabrizio.Castrotor...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Performance comparison 2
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:14:07 GMT
Can you provide more details on this (maybe source)? Did you modify the
WSDL2Java generated skeleton to call the EJB, etc?

-----Original Message-----
From: LCarreon@towertechnology.com.au
[mailto:LCarreon@towertechnology.com.au]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 1:53 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Performance comparison 2

We've implemented a test RPC style web service using the following methods:
1. EJB handler with manually created deployment descriptor.
2. WSDL2Java (thus RPC provider) with auto-generated deployment descriptor.

Note that both web services implement identical operations in their
implementation classes.

We then did a performance comparison between the two and we discovered that
the EJB handler based web service is a lot faster than the WSDL2Java
generated web service.  Can some please give me a reason for this disparity
in performance between this two types of web services.