axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark D. Hansen" <khook...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: JWSDP 1.2 vs Axis
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:52:53 GMT
I found some bugs in the JWSDP 1.2 implementation of JAXRPC.  For example:

>Oneway operations are not supported for a doc/lit WSDL when using
>dynamic proxy client. This will be fixed in the next version of JWSDP
>expected to release later this year.

On the other hand, the Axis implementation of JAXRPC isn't perfect either.  I've been having
problems with the Call.invokeOneWay( ... ) method.

See the JAXRPC-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM email archives for other discussions about JAXRPC issues
in the 1.2 release.

After spending a couple weeks with the JWSDP, I switched to Axis, but for a narrow set of
reasons related to the JAXRPC implementation in JWSDP.  Note that the current JWSDP is still
"early access" - with the final promised in October.  I've been told by Sun that the problems
I was having will be fixed in the October release.

Hope that helps,

Mark