axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sean Leblanc <Se...@insightamerica.com>
Subject RE: SOAP-ENV vs. soapenv (was RE: Formatting the envelope?)
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:51:20 GMT
Thanks for the response.

Maybe I'm being daft here, but shouldn't it work similarly on the sending
side to format what it is sending?

Regarding the SOAP-ENV vs. soapenv, is there any background info on when
this was changed or what standard is which?

At this link:

http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#_Toc478383495

Under 1.2, they talk of SOAP-ENV and SOAP-ENC, for example.

Confused,
Sean LeBlanc

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Perham [mailto:Mike.Perham@webifyinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 12:04 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: SOAP-ENV vs. soapenv (was RE: Formatting the envelope?)

Sounds like the bug is in your service provider.  Namespace names should not
be hard-coded but rather resolved and the qnames compared.  In other words,
if your SOAP looks like this

<soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env="http://soap">

Your provider should NOT be doing this (psuedo-code):

If (element == "SOAP-ENV:Envelope") {

But rather:

if (element == "{http://soap}Envelope") {

Make sense?  The SOAP spec gives the canonical URI for the envelope
namespace.