axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <a...@manes.net>
Subject RE: question regarding axis in tomcat
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:45:38 GMT
A service name is an NCname -- so the question is,  are blanks allowed in
an NCname. From the XML spec, here are the requirements for an NCname
(anyone here know how to interpret Unicode?):

The character classes defined here can be derived from the Unicode 2.0
character database as follows:

    * Name start characters must have one of the categories Ll, Lu, Lo, Lt, Nl.
    * Name characters other than Name-start characters must have one of the
categories Mc, Me, Mn, Lm, or Nd.
    * Characters in the compatibility area (i.e. with character code
greater than #xF900 and less than #xFFFE) are not allowed in XML names.
    * Characters which have a font or compatibility decomposition (i.e.
those with a "compatibility formatting tag" in field 5 of the database --
marked by field 5 beginning with a "<") are not allowed.
    * The following characters are treated as name-start characters rather
than name characters, because the property file classifies them as
Alphabetic: [#x02BB-#x02C1], #x0559, #x06E5, #x06E6.
    * Characters #x20DD-#x20E0 are excluded (in accordance with Unicode
2.0, section 5.14).
    * Character #x00B7 is classified as an extender, because the property
list so identifies it.
    * Character #x0387 is added as a name character, because #x00B7 is its
canonical equivalent.
    * Characters ':' and '_' are allowed as name-start characters.
    * Characters '-' and '.' are allowed as name characters.