axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Sauthier <Guillaume.Sauth...@BULL.NET>
Subject Re: Client Side deployment
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:56:30 GMT
Hello

That's exactly what I am doing ! But It's not working !!
But I didn't find a solution yet. Maybe am I doing someting wrong...

I have a client-config.wsdd, axis generated Stub and Service
Implementation.
I think that we mmight use the
<Generated>ServiceLocator.setEngineConfiguration method with a
FileProvider("path/2/client-config.wsdd") as argument.

I drop here a little code snippet to show you :

client-config.wsdd
-------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <service name="AddressBookService" provider="java:RPC">
            <requestFlow>
                  <handler
type="java:org.objectweb.ws.handlers.SimpleHandler"/>
            </requestFlow>
            <responseFlow>
                  <handler
type="java:org.objectweb.ws.handlers.SimpleHandler"/>
            </responseFlow>
    </service>
      <transport name="java"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.java.JavaSender"/>
      <transport name="http"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
      <transport name="local"
pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender"/>
</deployment>
-------------------

Java class :
--------------
        abServ = new AddressBookServiceLocator();

	/* set the configuration here */
	String path = System.getProperty("addressbook.dir") + "/../ab_client/";
	try {
	    path = new File(path).getCanonicalPath() + "/";
	}
	catch(Exception e) {
	    System.err.println("IOError on " + path);
	}
	EngineConfiguration conf = new FileProvider(path +
"client-config.wsdd");
	System.out.println("file used : " + path + "client-config.wsdd conf=" +
conf);
	try {
	    // Configuration of the engine by the config object
	    conf.configureEngine(service.getEngine());
	    // try to get some objects to see if EngineConfig is OK
	    SOAPService service = conf.getService(new
QName("AddressBookService"));
	    Handler handler = conf.getHandler(new QName("simple"));

	    if (service == null)
		System.out.println("Service null");

	    if (handler == null)
		System.out.println("handler null");
	} catch (ConfigurationException ce) {
	    System.err.println("ConfError");
	}

        try {
            ab = abServ.getAddressBookService();
        }
        catch(javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException se) {
            se.printStackTrace(System.err);
        }

"Gupta, Ankit" wrote:

> Hi group,
> I have a web service and I want the clients to work with stubs. I wish to know whether
it is possible to deploy client side handlers working with java stubs. Using The "org.apache.axis.client.Service"
class it is possible to do so but is it possible with java stubs.