axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Barlow <sbar...@peopledoc.com>
Subject Re: WRAPPED services without wsdl
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:58:11 GMT
Sorry to get back to this thread but...
With AXIS you dont deploy a WSDL you write/generate a wsdd file.

So is the process...
1. Get Java interface I would like to convert to a web service
2. Run Java2WSDL to get WSDL
3. Fix errors in generated WSDL
4. Run WSDL2Java to generate client and server classes.
5. Implement service using generated server skeleton.

All the above works without step 3 for the default of RPC/Encoded.
But RPC/Encoded is not recommended/supported in near future and
difficult to talk to from Microsoft clients.

If I do the fixing in step 3 then I should have a much more
compatible web service.

Thanks.
Stuart.