axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cory Wilkerson" <cwilker...@travelnow.com>
Subject RPC & Faults
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 18:10:57 GMT
Good afternoon,

According to the WSDL specification, faults are defined as follows for a request/response
operation:

-------------------------------------
<wsdl:definitions .... >
    <wsdl:portType .... > *
        <wsdl:operation name="nmtoken" parameterOrder="nmtokens">
           <wsdl:output name="nmtoken"? message="qname"/>
           <wsdl:input name="nmtoken"? message="qname"/>
           <wsdl:fault name="nmtoken" message="qname"/>*
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:portType >
</wsdl:definitions>
-------------------------------------

So, I'm assuming that I can specify my own type of fault and feed it to the wsdl:fault element,
ie:

-------------------------------------
<complexType name="corysfault">
	<sequence>
		<element name="someInfo" type="xsd:string"/>
		<element name="moreInfo" type="xsd:string"/>
	</sequence>
</complexType>
-------------------------------------

My question is this -- where do I need to start in order to pull this off via an rpc/encoded
service where Axis is handling all the marshalling/unmarshalling of soap encoded messages
into java types?  Is there a facility to return an unchecked Axis exception that's constructed
according the schema I've defined above?  I'm imagining some sort of object that I pass to
some Axis utility to throw an exception perhaps?

-------------------------------------
CorysFault {
	private String someInfo;
	private String moreInfo;

	public CorysFault() {
	}

	public get/set someInfo
	public get/set moreInfo
}

Seems like this would be quite easy to pull off if I was using the message provider, but alas,
I'm not.

Thanks in advance for any input,
Cory