axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Perham" <Mike.Per...@webifysolutions.com>
Subject RE: Fault Code
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:34:37 GMT
You need to read the SOAP spec on fault codes.  Axis is doing the right
thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Spinetti [mailto:m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 7:43 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Fault Code

I've a question about axis fault management.

If my exception extends Remote Exception ( and not AxisFault), in my web
service method I'm able to throw my exception, which is received from
the client (both java and perl).

I have noticed that my exception is inserted as fault details in the
SOAP message.

The problem is that Axis sets the faultcode to
soapenv:Server.userException but this is a error.

I create this error when client sends wrong parameters too, so the
faultcode should be Client and not Server.

How can I tell Axis to set Client and Server in faultcode?

Thanks

--Marco