axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Perham" <Mike.Per...@webifyinc.com>
Subject RE: Is this a wrapped service ?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:11:25 GMT
This is the global axis configuration wsdd I believe...

<globalConfiguration>
    <parameter name="sendXsiTypes" value="true"/>
</globalConfiguration>

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:anne@manes.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 3:09 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is this a wrapped service ?

Dimuthu,

Your current message qualifies as Document/Literal. It's always valid to

override the type information using the xsi:type attribute -- but the
point
is that you aren't really overriding the defined schema, so you
shouldn't
need to include the type information.

Can someone else on the list provide some guidance as to how to tell
Axis
not to specify the xsi:type attributes in the message?

Anne

At 10:55 AM 8/20/2003 +0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Thank you very much for your help Anne.
>
>I have written a web service in wrapped style which takes in an integer
>and return an integer ( for now). I managed to exclude the
>"soapenv:encodingStyle=<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/>http:
//schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
>" but still I'm unable to remove the xsi:type from the message. So
could
>you call this a literal encoded? What am I missing. Follwoing is what I

>get from the TCP monitor. I have also given a snip of the wsdl I have
written.

><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
><soapenv:Envelope
>xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
>xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
>  <soapenv:Body>
>   <process xmlns="urn:WrappedOrder">
>    <A xsi:type="xsd:int">1</A>
>   </process>
>  </soapenv:Body>
></soapenv:Envelope>
>

>Part of the wsdl I wrote is here.
>

><types>
>
><xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified"
>elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="urn:WrappedOrder">
>
><xsd:element name="process">
>
><xsd:complexType>
>
><xsd:sequence>
>
><xsd:element name="A" type="xsd:int"/>
>
></xsd:sequence>
>
></xsd:complexType>
>
></xsd:element>
>
><xsd:element name="processResponse">
>
><xsd:complexType>
>
><xsd:sequence>
>
><xsd:element name="processResult" type="xsd:int"/>
>
></xsd:sequence>
>
></xsd:complexType>
>
></xsd:element>
>
></xsd:schema>
>
></types>
>

>What could be the problem? How can I eleminate the xsi:type?
>
>Thanyou,
>Dimuthu
>
>This looks like an RPC/encoded message.
>You've included
>-
>soapenv:encodingStyle=<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/>http:/
/schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/

>- xsi:type information
>
>A wrapped service message would look something like this:
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
><soapenv:Envelope
>xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>  <soapenv:Body>
>   <ns1:Add xmlns:ns1="http://math.samples/">
>    <B>4.1</B>
>    <A>2.2</A>
>   </ns1:Add>
>  </soapenv:Body>
></soapenv:Envelope>
>
>Keep in mind that when you're using WRAPPED (or any literal encoding),
>you
>need a WSDL file to get the schema of the message body. Otherwise the
SOAP