axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Perham" <Mike.Per...@webifyinc.com>
Subject RE: woe the struggles of xsd:import/wsdl:import
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:14:40 GMT
Sounds like the server needs to add a Content-Type header when returning
an XSD document.  Depending on the server, this may be as simple as
adding some MIME configuration so *.xsd maps to "text/xml".

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory Wilkerson [mailto:cwilkerson@travelnow.com]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 12:21 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: woe the struggles of xsd:import/wsdl:import

All,

Assume xsd  = http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
Assume wsdl = http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/

I've ran into quite an interesting situation with referencing external
schema via xsd:import and wsdl:import.  The .NET wsdl.exe tool will not
generate client stubs when using xsd:import to import external schema
definitions -- Axis will.  Yeah for Axis.  That said, Axis will not
generate client stubs when using wsdl:import but .NET will.  Yeah for
.NET (that hurts).

Specifcally, Axis can't seem to decipher the content-type when importing
schema:

-----------------
STACK TRACE
-----------------
     [java] WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unable to resolve
imported doc ument at 'http://10.10.4.75:8001/foo/HotelCity.xsd'.: no
content-type: java.net.
UnknownServiceException: no content-type
     [java]     at
java.net.URLConnection.getContentHandler(URLConnection.java:1
059)
     [java]     at
java.net.URLConnection.getContent(URLConnection.java:583)
     [java]     at java.net.URL.getContent(URL.java:969)
     [java]     at
com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream(Unknown
 Source)
     [java]     at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseImport(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown Sour

Has anyone else encountered the above?  I'd like to generate WSDL that
imports schema and works across client tools -- but the above is
prohibiting that.   I'd take this up with the Micorosoft folk as well,
but they'd never listen.

Thanks,
Cory Wilkerson