axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Umansky <vladuman...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Client-side Handlers not being invoked - Please Help!
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:51:37 GMT

I would suggest trying to put handler in explicitly,

<service name="MsgSessionCounterService"
 provider="java:MSG">
     	<!-- Declare flows -->
       	<requestFlow>
       <handler
"java:org.jh.handlers.SessionHandler"/>
 	</requestFlow>
 	<responseFlow>
       <handler
"java:org.jh.handlers.SessionHandler"/>
	</responseFlow>
</service>

Try chaning the actual client-config.wsdd in axis.jar
used by your client and re-jar axis.jar

--- Jim Harris <JimHarris@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem
> which I has caused me
> sleepless nights over the weekend!!!
>
> I have a client program accessing a Web service with
> a handler being invoked
> on the  service- and client-side in between. Infact,
> my handler is based on
> the SimpleSessionHandler from the Axis distribution
> so is fairly simple at
> the moment. I can see from my logs that the handler
> is being invoked on the
> service-side but there seems to be no invokation
> whatsoever on the
> client-side.
>
> I am not exactly sure what the problem is but as
> there is little
> documentation on using client-side handlers I am
> hoping one of you kind
> people can point out where my code may be wrong...
> Below is the client code
> that sets up the engine, service and call, and also
> the client-config.wsdd
> that is used:
>
> // Set up client Axis engine configuration
> EngineConfiguration clientConfig = new
> FileProvider(clientConfigFile);
>
> // Create a new service instance
> service = new Service(clientConfig);
> service.setEngine(new AxisClient(clientConfig));
>
> call = (Call) service.createCall();
> call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new URL(endpointURL));

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <deployment name="defaultClientConfig"
>             xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"

>         <transport name="http"

pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
> 	<transport name="local"

pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender"/>
> 	<transport name="java"

pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.java.JavaSender"/>