axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Justin Avaya <justinav...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: client Ip address
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:18:01 GMT

Hi,

I am writing a simple RPC using JAVA and then using AXIS.

I am not sure where to implement the request handler that Vladmir suggested.

I tried adding it to the RPC method itself [I am sure it is wrong but it was giving me null]

Looking forward for your help.

package exportbean;
import javax.xml.rpc.handler.MessageContext;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

public class Animal {
    public String walk() {
 return "Animal is walking";
    }

}

Vladimir & justin, The HandlerUtil.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQUEST is notworking, its returning
null value(for me)..the HTTPConstants.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQUEST is workingfine. --- Vladimir
Umansky <vladumansky@yahoo.com> wrote: >> You can get it through MessageContext:>
> handleRequest(MessageContext context) {> > ......>         // HttpServletRequest
may not be available>         HttpServletRequest req = null;> >         // get it
from Axis>         if>(context.containsProperty(HandlerUtil.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQUEST))>
{>             req = (HttpServletRequest)>context.getProperty(HandlerUtil.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQUEST);>
        }> > .......>         if ( req != null ) {>             req.getRemoteAddr();>
            req.getRemoteHost();>         }> > > > --- Justin Avaya <justavaya@hotmail.com>
wrote:> > Hi, > > I am writing a simple Java program and using> Apache>
> Axis to generate the web service. I am writing the> > server. I need to capture
the IP address of the> > client who is trying to connect
 to me to log him> in> > my database. In a servelt I would use the request> >
object. How do I do it here.> > > > Thank you for your help.> > regards,>
SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site> design software> http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search- Looking for more? Try the new Yahoo! Search