axis-java-user mailing list archives

From David Kocher <david.koc...@itserve.ch>
Subject Re: encoding.ser.castor
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 10:49:48 GMT
On Thursday 31 July 2003 18:47, James Cowan wrote:
> I am interested in this as well. I use the Castor xsd compiler a lot - it
> generates really nice code.

That's what is my impression as well. If I could use the castor generated code
on the axis side as well this would be very convenient. Otherwise I suppose I
might be forced to write a bridge between the axis and castor objects.

> I do not really understand how you can use the castor compiler alongside
> the wsdl compiler - surely you can only use one or the other or am I
> missing the point?

That's my point. I would like to use only castor because it does a good job in
translating the xsd schema rules. Becaue the castor objects do follow the
bean pattern it should be possible to integrate them into axis as described
in
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/user-guide.html#DataMapping

Someone out there who can explain what I am missing that my typeMapping below
doesn't work?

Thanks a lot
- David