axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "conrad.dcruz@netswirl.com" <conrad.dc...@netswirl.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: RE: accessing the HTTP Headers in the Response]
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:56:06 GMT

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Mental Patient mental@neverlight.com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:58:21 -0400
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: RE: accessing the HTTP Headers in the Response]

conrad.dcruz@netswirl.com wrote:
> Girish,
>
> No -- Call.getMessageContext().getProperty("JSESSIONID") returned a NULL.
>
> So I dumped all the propertynames in the MessageContext after the return
> from invoke() and got this ...

Since soap is supposed to be transport agnostic, I'd be suprised if
there was an easy way to do this. Since you just want the cookie for
load ballancing and it has nothing to do with the actual soap service
(or does it?), why not write a small proxy servlet that sits between
soap and the http server. It can do the usual servlet stuff, get the
cookie perform whatever action it needs, then forward the request to the
soap service. Just a thought. Seems like a waste to couple the cookie to
the soap service. Then again, I missed the begining of this thread, so I
could be way off base.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

"The Torah...  The Gospels...  The Koran...
Each claimed as the infallible word of GOD.
Misquoted, misinterpreted, misunderstood, and misapplied.
Maybe that's why he doesn't do any more interviews." - sinfest.net

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc

http://mail2web.com/ .