axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Marco Spinetti <m.spine...@pisa.iol.it>
Subject RE: Soap Fault Explanation
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:40:29 GMT
Hi Cory,

could you send an example of your fault management?

If I write my wsdl with soap fault element, axis generates My Exception
class subclassing Axis Fault:

public class DoMyException  extends org.apache.axis.AxisFault
implements java.io.Serializable {

}

In your answer you said that "The exception I'm successfully serializing
does not subclass Axis fault". I'm very interested to know how you did.

Cheers

--Marco

Il mer, 2003-08-27 alle 17:02, Cory Wilkerson ha scritto:
> "I know that this question has been asked again and again but I can't find the answer."
-- Sorry, didn't mean to sound terse or harsh there, just implying that maybe the Axis folk
would like to crank out some decent documentation regarding the matter.  I've been using Axis
for 4 or 5 months and didn't know you could specify all the parameters as you did below --
that's all manner of interesting.  Where did you find the documentation for *that*?

> Richard -- I'd refute *some* of your points, though I'm certainly glad someone has some
decent knowledge in this realm.  The exception I'm successfully serializing does not subclass
Axis fault and the only config I did was in the wsdl (which I didn't generate server side
ties from) and in server-config my providing a beanMapping entry for my service specific exception.
 I'm successfully catching my specific exception on the client side with both Axis and .NET
platforms -- Axis manages to throw my exception type on the client side whereas with the .NET
platform, I parse it out of the detail element returned in the fault.