axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject Re: Need WSDL for this SOAP message
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:56:32 GMT
RE: Need WSDL for this SOAP messageAhah! I think I found your problem.

Your WSDD says:
<parameter name="allowedMethods" value="subscribe"/>
But your WSDL says"
<operation name="SubscriptionRequest">

I believe that these two values must be the same.

Anne

----- Original Message -----
From: Wendy Smoak
To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 6:33 PM
Subject: RE: Need WSDL for this SOAP message

Anne wrote:
> Based on your current WSDL file (which looks correct), I would expect the
> client to send a SOAP message that looks like this:
> <e:body>
>    <ns1:SubscriptionAttributes xmlns:ns1="urn-subscription-ns-type">
>       <userId>nobody</userid>
>       <password>passwd</password>
>    </ns1:SubscriptionRequest>
> <e:body>
Hmmm... I was expecting the element just inside <body> to be <subscription>
not <SubscriptionAttributes>.  Axis generated Subscription and
SubscriptionResponse classes from that WSDL, the complexTypes.  (Not
SubscriptionAttributes and SubscriptionResponse, the element names.)
In any case Axis complains unless it's <subscribe> which matches the method
name.  Anything else, and I get:
   No such operation 'tagname'
I'm closer than I've ever been, but not quite there yet!  I think it's the
client code that's broken now.  I don't know how to get it to make a
<SubscriptionAttributes> or <subscription> tag around the userId and
password tags.
I was hoping that by sending the SOAPAction, which now appears in the header
and matches the SOAPAction in the WSDL file, that would tell Axis which
service I was trying to call.  Instead, Axis is picking the first tag inside
But I'm running on guesses and assumptions at this point.  I'm sticking with
the WSDL as-is since it's been blessed by Anne, and will try to adjust the
wsdd and the client code to match.
The wsdl, wsdd, and client code are here:
http://www.public.asu.edu/~wsmoak/xml/
--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.