axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject Re: Need WSDL for this SOAP message
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:46:53 GMT
RE: Need WSDL for this SOAP messageWendy,

I'm not sure I understand why you're using the call interface. The main reason that you want
to use WRAPPED is so that you can invoke your service using something like this:

       string ResponseInfo = service.SubscriptionRequest( usedId, password );

You should compile your WSDL file with wsdl2java and generate your client interface.

Anne
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wendy Smoak
  To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
  Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 5:37 PM
  Subject: RE: Need WSDL for this SOAP message

  Cory wrote:
  > Using "document" in the wsdd is just telling Axis that when it generates the WSDL for
this thing,
  > it should tell the world (via soap:operation style="document") that the the message's
that are sent
  > to you should NOT be fashioned as RPC style messages

  I'm not letting Axis generate the WSDL, and I do have
     <soap:operation soapAction="SubscriptionServicePort#subscribe" style="document"/>

  (The latest version is here: http://www.public.asu.edu/~wsmoak/xml/webauth.wsdl)

  So yes, I hope I'm announcing to the world that I want a plain old XML file in the body
of the message, one that matches one of the schemas in the <types> section.

  I'm down to a new and improved error message:

  g:\irm\sharedsource\services>java edu.asu.vpia.webauth.SubscriptionClient -lhttp
  ://localhost:81/svcdev/services/MySubscriptionService
  Using endpointURL:  http://localhost:81/svcdev/services/MySubscriptionService
  org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad types (class java.lang.String -> class edu.asu.vpi
  a.webauth.Subscription)

  And by using tcpmon, I think I've determined that my Client class is the problem.  It's
based on the Client from example3, and it's sending this:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

   <soapenv:Body>
    <ns1:subscribe soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:ns1="MySubscriptionService">

     <userId xsi:type="xsd:string">nobody</userId>
     <password xsi:type="xsd:string">passwd</password>
    </ns1:subscribe>
   </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

  Pretty close, actually.  <subscribe> should be <subscription>, but that's controlled
by the line:
    call.setOperationName( new QName("MySubscriptionService", "subscribe") );
  If I change it, I get:
    No such operation 'subscription'

  It's not sending the SOAPAction either.  What does the Java client code look like for a
document/literal message, one that has XML matching something in the <types> section
of the wsdl?  Can you do it with the Call class, or is that only for RPC calls?  Client code
is here:  http://www.public.asu.edu/~wsmoak/xml/SubscriptionClient.java

  --
  Wendy Smoak
  Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.