axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject Re: WSDL SchemaDTD
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:02:37 GMT
MessageAlthough lots of people do put a schema behind a namespace URI, you shouldn't count
on it. Even if you do find a schema at that location, you shouldn't assume that the schema
is the only schema that defines names in the namespace.

It just so happens that in this circumstance the wsdl namespace URI doesin fact point to the
WSDL schema.

In WSDL 1.1, one portType cannot extend another portType.

Regards,
Anne
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark.Gargan@cs.tcd.ie
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 3:47 PM
  Subject: RE: WSDL SchemaDTD

  Richard and Girish,
              Thanks lads. I was getting ahead of myself I think. I was looking at WSDL1.2
indeed Girish. Thanks for setting me straight.
  Richard, thanks for the URL. I've a nasty habit of thinking that namespaces don't have schemas
behind them for some reason. Bit of practice will hopefully sort me out.

  Thanks again folks
  Mark.