axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject RE: Reading material on AXIS
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:29:15 GMT

Well -- I guess it shouldn't be a secret that a book on Axis is being
developed by O'Reilly.

The book, "Axis: The Definitive Guide" (working title) is being written by
a group of four talented developers/authors.

Of the four, two (dims, chris haddad) are axis commiters. The other two
(myself, paul brown) are experienced axis users.

The book is under development now and will likely be out in the Fall
sometime.

It will come with extensive sample apps and its coverage will be pretty
wide and deep. Coverage will be up to date with whatever version oc Axis is
out at that time. In fact, I know Chris has been fixing bugs in Axis as he
runs across them in his writing. We're working with the latest code. Others
on this list have been reviewing chapters (thank you!) as they've been
getting completed.

I expect to get some decent sleep sometime after it comes out.... :-)

Kevin

PS. My Struts book (
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2W1E6CWR3D&isbn=0672324725&itm=4
 ) contains a chapter on integrating Struts with Axis and has an Axis
sample app.

|         |  "Bhanu Pabreja"            |
|         |  <pabreja@infigroup.com>    |
|         |  07/09/2003 05:23 PM        |
|         |  Please respond to axis-user|
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
                                      |
  |      cc: (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
                                      |
  |      Subject:  RE: Reading material on AXIS
                                      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

This books seems to be fine I checked on Amazon. But it was publihsed in
2001. What I think is required is a book which is new and is Web Services
with AXIS.

Other books talk about Java and thus reference sun apis which are
cumbersome
to use.

I think definitely AXIS would be the way to go in the future along with
some
commercial products like Systinet.

So if we have a book which looks at this important topic from AXIS point of
view it will be really be beneficial.

BP