axis-java-user mailing list archives

From landg...@gfi.ihk.de
Subject RE: Problem adding a reference from .NET to an AXIS service
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 10:26:18 GMT
Hi Patrick,

i'm working with a similar installation (testing client .NET, webservice
server Axis on some
port other than 80). Adding a webreference in Visual .NET results in
correct URLs in the
Reference.cs files at my site.

Even though i suggest to store the base URLs to the Axis-webservices in a
central class
or file and to always code
        AxisService s = new AxisService();
        s.Url = getAxisServerBaseUrl() + "/SOAPTest";

so you can change freely where .NET tries to connect to.

sincerly,
Thomas

"BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux)" <webmaster@blis-project.org>
04.07.03 10:50
Bitte antworten zu
axis-user@ws.apache.org

An
axis-user@ws.apache.org
Kopie

Thema
Problem adding a reference from .NET to an AXIS service

Hi all,

I have developed a testing service with AXIS, deployed it on my tomcat
http://localhost:8080

I've also written a small testing client in C# using Visual .NET and
when I'm adding the web reference to my AXIS service, the Reference.cs
contain a mistake that I have to fix everytime I update the web reference.

public class TestSOAPService :
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol {

        /// <remarks/>
        public TestSOAPService() {
            this.Url = "http://localhost/axis/services/SOAPTest";
        }

I have to change the constructor to

        /// <remarks/>
        public TestSOAPService() {
            this.Url = "http://localhost:8080/axis/services/SOAPTest";
        }

Seems  the port 8080 is not added to the URL in the .NET wrapper. When I
fixed that by hand ... everything is working fine after.
Any idea how I could fix this on the tomcat/AXIS/java side to get a
correct wrapper of my AXIS service on the .NET side? Is it a bug in .NET
interop?

Thanks,
Patrick.