axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Philip Puccio" <philip.puc...@aexp.com>
Subject What mime-type for PDF returned in attachment?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:52:41 GMT
Hi,

I've successfully used attachments (using mime type "text/plain") to send
Strings as input parameters and as return values.  Now I'm trying to return a
byte array ( byte[ ] ) and am consistently failing because I'm not picking the
proper mime-type.  Here's what I've tried along with the resulting error
messages.

javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type
application/octet-stream

javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type
application/x-binary

javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type
application/pdf

I'm running IBM's WSAD with a WebSphere 4.0 test environment (which uses J2EE
1.2, and the mail and activation jars are within the j2ee.jar).

What mime type should I be using?  Thanks!

. . . Phil

American Express made the following
 annotations on 07/08/2003 06:52:43 PM

     "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments
is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.  Thank you."