axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tim C." <timu...@hotmail.com>
Subject client side : proxy settings
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:35:07 GMT

Having searched the list I cannot see a posting resolving the problem of the
proxy settings being cached. The following allows the setting of proxies:

    System.setProperty("proxySet", "true" );
    System.setProperty("http.proxyPort",8080);
    System.setProperty("http.proxyHost",wwcache.blah);

However the problem comes when these are wrong & the exception is caught and
the correct proxy then tried and a second call made to the server then it
fails again - presumably because of caching.

I have tried setting the network property in the code:

   Security.setProperty("networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl","0");

and on the command line -Dnetworkaddress.cache.negative.ttl=0

Any solutions?
Thanks
Tim

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger