axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris" <cla...@trefs.com>
Subject WSDL2Java not generating Exception class / declaration
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:59:53 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to add some fault-type stuff to my WSDL. It seems pretty simple,
but when I run WSDL2Java I don't get an Exception class generated, and I
don't see 'throws [my exception class]' in the generated remote interface.
Here's the relevant WSDL:

    <message name="MyException">
    </message>

    <message name="testOp">
        <part name="in" type="xsd:string"/>
    </message>

    <message name="testOpResponse">
        <part name="out" type="xsd:string"/>
    </message>

    <portType name="TestingPortType">
        <operation name="test">
            <input message="tns:testOp"/>
            <output message="tns:testOpResponse"/>
            <fault name="MyException" message="tns:MyException"/>
        </operation>
    </portType>

Am I wrong in thinking Axis's WSDL2Java will generate this stuff? Or do I
have an error somewhere?

Chris Lalos
Senior Software Engineer
Tax Refund Express